6 Mar 2012

Baking Mad - Key Lime Pie

I'm sure you all ready know I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I have to admit I have a real weakness for super sweet fruity pies! If you were to ask me my top three favorite desserts I'd have to reply, with no hesitation, banoffee pie, lemon meringue pie and key lime pie.  I see any of these babies on a menu and I just have to have it, maybe even all three if I'm feeling saucy!  A few years ago, a few friends and I were planning a trip to Florida.  In the interest of fairness we created a list allowing each person to choose two things they really want to do while there.  As you can imagine there was a lot of "go to Harry Potter World", "ghost hunting in St Augustine Lighthouse" and "feed the gators", my choice was to eat a key lime pie in an awesome diner as close to the Florida Keys as we could possibly get.  I got my wish, and Miami, you gave me the best key lime pie of my life. Until now...


I was recently asked by the lovely team behind the sauciest baker in the land Eric Lanlards Baking Mad to try out one of the recipes from the show.  When I saw my beloved key lime pie on the list I knew I just had to accept.  A few days later a big box of ingredients arrived at my door, I kindly relieved my friendly postman of the heavy sugar laden package and headed to the kitchen, zester and juicer in sight.  Man alive is this a good key lime pie!  The crust is so delicate without being overly crumbly while the filling was so light it could have floated away in a light breeze.  I was in heaven!


Wanna try this superb pie out for yourself? Well set your Sky + box to stun and get recording the wonderful Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard every weekday from March 5th at 12.05pm.

Please excuse the dark images, the light had gone by the time the pie had finished chilling and the thought of leaving it alone in the fridge, overnight, simply did not register.
*rubs tummy*

5 comments:

Janice said...

Your pie looks fabulous! These recipes are so good.

MissCakeBaker said...

This pie looks amazing!

Lottiesworldofcakesandbakes said...

Mmm this looks great!

Karen S Booth said...

Congratulations on winning the contest and I am so pleased to have discovered you too! The key lime pie looks amazing!
Karen @ Lavender and Lovage

Janice said...

Congratulations! A well deserved winner, looking forward to you blogging your Eric Lanlard cake!