13 Sep 2011

National Cupcake Week, Day Two - Shimmer Spray

Todays decorating technique is something I've only recently came across.  Dr Oetker have released a whole new baking range including this awesome shimmer spray.  It can be used to cover chocolate, cupcakes or can be sprayed over a stencil on brownies and cakes to create a shimmery golden design.  Also available in silver you can cover pretty much anything with this edible shimmer.  I just love how it glams up our Elvis Cupcakes for Pet Lamb!  I'm sure the king himself would approve.




The Dr Oetker spray is available in all good supermarkets. Buy a tin and glam up your treats!

10 comments:

MissMathful said...

this looks so great, imagine if they did a whole range of colours like glittery green etc, would be great at christmas (dare i say it) :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

MissCakeBaker said...

V pretty!

Mal said...

So pretty, what a great finishing touch

http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

daisychain said...

I must make some cupcakes this week!

Jacqueline said...

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those sprays!

Oh and your blog is looking gorgeous!

Nicola said...

This looks really great, I'll definitely be buying this to give my cupcakes some bling!

Ash said...

This all looks so cute!!

Victoria said...

This is great. Such a simple idea that can make a big difference to plain cupcakes. x

hellorachy said...

This is how frosting should be on ALL cupcakes! YUM!

teacupsandsaucers said...

Wow this looks AMAZING! I just bought myself a can in gold and silver - cant wait to use them!! Will surely blog about them on http://themixing-bowl.blogspot.com/ xxx