26 Jul 2011

Afternoon Tea: Sanderson Hotel

While in London a few weeks ago Kris and I decided to partake in one of our very favorite activities, Afternoon Tea, of course!  I was originally planning on booking tea at the Savoy until I heard about this extra special, extra unusual tea on offer at the Sanderson Hotel.  They decided to take the sophisticated custom and turn it on its head before pushing it straight down the rabbit hole to Wonderland.  This is the Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea!









I have to admit, I felt like a kid at Christmas when brought face to face with all this wonderous fare.  Rainbow sandwiches with spinach, saffron and beetroot bread, lollypops which explode in your mouth and even a drink me bottle which turns from apple pie to lemon curd to burnt toffee as you sup.  All of this was delivered in the beautiful surroundings of the hotel garden / conservatory.  It just couldn't get any better.

I can't even begin to describe to you what a magical experience this was, I can only implore you to go and see for yourself!

I shall leave you with the wise words of Alice herself, taataa...

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

19 comments:

MiaDeRoca said...

I love the colourful sandwiches! And the brown bottle "drin me" is adorable :-)

nicola said...

this looks amazing! i agree, the drink me bottles are so cute! xx

Danni said...

Oh maann this looks incredible! Whatever the bright red heart is, I want it...right now :P Glad to hear you had fun - who'd have thought afternoon tea could be so exciting?! x

eatliveblog.com said...

As some one who is completely obsessed with afternoon tea, your post just gave me goosebumps. This looks so amazingly perfect!

aliceeliza said...

This looks adorable - I'll definitely be paying a visit when I'm next in London! xoxo

Manderley said...

Que rico todo!

Heaven is a Cupcake said...

Ah this looks fab. Im looking for somewhere to take my sister for her birthday so will check it out :)

Kate@katescakesandbakes said...

I love the idea of a themed Afternoon Tea! Afternoon Tea itself is surely the bestest meal of the day, but to add in a theme as good as the Mad Hatter's Tea Party- I'm booking me a table, now!

Firdaus said...

Incredible how imaginative and creative pastry chefs can be!
Would love to check this place out for afternoon tea!

Nice review! :)
Firdaus - www.beautyisthespot.blogspot.com

Jo said...

Those rainbow finger sandwiches look fantastic! Now that's afternoon tea with style :)

Janice said...

I'm soooo jealous. This looks just perfect and so much fun.

Beth (Jam and Clotted Cream) said...

Wow - looks fab!!

Kc said...

Wow that looks amazing!! :) I love the sound of those sandwiches :)

Kc

http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

MissMathful said...

that looks amazing.. :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Cupcakebears said...

OOO.. I like the "drink me" bottle!! What a great idea!!

Greetings,
Jacqueline

Nicole said...

you must be asked constantly, but what camera do you use? dreammyyyy shots x

Annalisa Babysan Laterza said...

Your blog is sooo cute!!!! :D
I'm a new follower now!

Baci from Babysan^^

Issy said...

Fab photos. I went there earlier this year for my sister's hen do. it's fab but insanely sweet and I am a big fan of sugar! We went to the Lanesborough for afternoon tea last year. That's worth a visit!

Catherine McCarthy said...

This looks perfect and whimsical! Such a great twist on the 'afternoon tea' I will definitely be going there.

ameasureofblush.blogspot.co.uk