2 Aug 2009

Sweet Melissa Sunday: Peanut Butter Cookies


I never really understood people that don't like peanut butter, much like those who don't like cheese. I don't think they're to be trusted, how can you not adore peanut butter. So salty, yet so sweet. When I lived in my old flat, my room mate would awake every morning and breakfast upon a huge slice of toast slathered with peanut butter and nutella spread, since then it has remained one of my very favorite morning treats. But, of the people who love peanut butter, like me, there's still the question of which side of the peanutty fence they fall, chunky or smooth? Are you a chunky gal, hungry for a bit of bite in your butter or are you a smooth lady, sophisticated and creamy spreading it elegantly upon your toasted sourdough? I'm a chunky girl, I love crunching the chunks of peanut between my front teeth, much to my fiances annoyance. Saying that, I only had smooth to hand so rather than give in and make delicate wee cookies, I tossed aside my tablespoon scoop and instead attacked my dough wielding a huge ice cream scoop!

Well, they certainly weren't delicate. Much like a Yorkie bar, these cookies aren't for girls, or at least faint hearted girls! These babies pack a punch fit for a king! My way only yielded around 15 cookies, rather than the two dozen stated in the recipe, but what can I say? I like my cookies like I like my peanut butter, chunky!

Check out the wonderful Stephanie over at Ice Cream Before Dinner for the recipe and as always check out the SMS gals for their delightful cookies!

26 comments:

Flourchild said...

I doubled this recipe they were to good not too! Yours look tasty and fit for a king!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I'm with you on chunky cookies, if not chunky peanut butter - love the smooth stuff. Whenever we're in the UK, my girls and I grab a bunch of Yorkie bars to bring home with us. We love it when we can find the "girl" version - do they even make it anymore, I wonder? But the regular boy version is fine with us.

Katiecakes said...

The girly ones are just limited edition, shame cause I loved the pink wrapper. Always made me smile :D

I love Yorkies :D

Katie xox

Mrs. G said...

Your cookies look perfect! I like a monster sized cookie. Lol

Maria♥ said...

I love peanut butter!! Those cookies look so yummy.

Btw I have that same cupcake cookie jar, from Debenhams..lol. We have good taste ;o)

Maria
x

Sarah said...

Your cookies look amazing! Such perfect hatch marks - mine turned out rather sloppy due to some sticky dough... They were delicious, though, and that's what really counts!

Snooky doodle said...

these look perfect and mouth watering :)

Hornedfroggy said...

Love the picture - your cookies are beautiful!! :)

Ingrid said...

Katie does it count that I don't like PB except with chocolate and not by its self? Seriously you can trust me. I swear! LOL!
~ingrid

HanaĆ¢ said...

Your cookies turned out great. They look nice and thick. Love how your crisscross pattern is clearly visible.

Jennifer said...

I Loved these cookies! They are a keeper for us now!!

Meg La Mania said...

They look delicious sweetheart!
I looooooooooove peanut butter! My Steve makes the most marvelous peanut butter cookies with melting chocolate middles, I'll give you the recipe!
A now ex-friend hated peanut butter and chocolate together, that should have been a warning to me that we were destined not to be friends!
xxx

Katiecakes said...

Augh, they sounds amazing!! You must pass it along. Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Happy Katie

xoxo

Stephanie said...

I agree, there's just some OFF about people who don't like Peanut Butter. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?! :) Thanks for baking along!!

Laura said...

These look wonderful. My husband loves PB cookies, but I've never tried making a chewy variety for him. Thanks for sharing these!

Spike said...

you got perfect criss crosses- do jealous!

Nina said...

oh dear. I like my peanut butter smooth. I think I just don't really like peanuts. THAT MUCH. =]

biz319 said...

Chunky PB is the only way to go!

Karin said...

Your post this week made me laugh! I had a roommate in college who didn't like peanut butter- I could never figure it out. Being from S. Africa, she said it was an American thing. I guess you have proven her wrong!

Indigo said...

I always *thought* I didn't like peanut butter, cause we never had it when I was growing up, and the few times I tried it I was like 'ACK, THE STICKY'. But then I went to uni, and was introduced to its wondrous ways, and apparently decided that being thin was not for me, haha. Le sigh. These look too good to resist...

k.a.r.e.n said...

Your new blog layout is so cute! Your cookies look great.... a large scoop is the way to go!

Karine said...

Peanut Butter cookies are great! And I love them with chocolate chips :)

Q. said...

Agreed. People who don't like peanut butter are not to be trusted. I once had a roommate who ate Skippy Chunky Peanut Butter by the spoonfull. We got along famously:)

Fit Chick said...

Beautiful cookies! PB cookies rock but I prefered my recipe, still was fun to try a new one.

margot said...

Those are huge cookies, they look great! Yeah, I cannot understand not liking peanut butter or cheese. Or chocolate. I love your new blog design!

hotovenwarmheart said...

Hi Katie!

How are you? Your cookies look absolutely delish, and I love that you made them jumbo size! I'm a chunky fan myself, so we're on the same team :)

Your new site looks FABULOUS! Did you get it designed? I love the colors and fonts too. I'm looking to change up my blog a bit too, and I'd love any advice you could give me. If you have some tips you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to email me (joy.d.saunders@gmail.com) or just leave a comment on my site if that's easier!

Can't wait to hear from you again soon!

-Joy